It's Almost Tuesday is a fictional story based on true events of abuse within the Texas Foster Care System. The story is written as if told by an 8 year old foster child using his exact words whenever possible.
Tuesday to Tuesday
Get To Know Us
- Victims of Arson Want to Thank Fire Department With $1million Goal on Go Fund Me Page
- Would you trust CPS to take YOUR child? POLL RESULTS ARE IN
- Is Obama setting himself up to be the LAST U.S. PRESIDENT
- Teaching children to Read and Write
- One is to many…(remembering…)
- What’s the Minimum?
- Unconditional love
Tuesdays’ Pages of Interest
- **AUDIO FILE DOWNLOAD** Collin County CPS Drugs Foster Child
- *NEW in FULL* The 2004 Forgotten Children Report
- Angela’s Story
- Child Molester Caught – News Articles
- Collin County or Crooked County?
- Hope’s Boy
- Malicious Mother Syndrome
- MURDERED: Senator Nancy Schafer for Fighting The Corrupt Business of CPS
- Recent Posts
- It’s Almost Tuesday
- Texas Medicaid Fraud
- What Inspired “Its Almost Tuesday”
- Behind The Story
- Failure to Protect
- (C) License Information
- Texas Foster Care System (**Updated w/Pics**)
- TROXEL v. GRANVILLE – Grandparents Rights
- What is Privatization?
- Collin County’s Bad Habit
Study: Troubled homes are STILL better than foster care
Kids who stayed with their families were
LESS likely to become juvenile delinquents or teen mothers and more likely to hold jobs as young adults than kids who were removed into foster care.
14% OF KIDS WHO STAYED WITH FAMILY
WERE arrested at least once rather than 44% of kids who went to foster care!
33 % OF KIDS WHO STAYED WITH THEIR FAMILY
BECAME teen mothers:
but more than half (56%) of Kids WHO WENT TO FOSTER CARE BECAME TEEN MOTHERS!
33% OF KIDS WHO STAYED WITH THEIR FAMILY
held a job at least 3 months: as opposed to merely 20 % of the Kids Who Went to foster care!
Out of 500,000 children in U.S. foster care
STATISTICS SHOW that foster children are more likely than other kids to drop out of school,commit crimes, abuse drugs and become teen parents!
Teens aging out of foster care have spent nearly five years there That's twice the average length of time for all kids in the system.
Fewer than 3% of foster kids earn college degrees.
Teens in foster care are less likely to finish high school and more likely to go to prison or become homeless.
I HAVE ONE QUESTION:
WITH THESE STATISTICS - HOW CAN THE GOVERNMENT TELL US THAT CPS IS PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN?
it's almost tuesday by Forever May is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivitive 3.0 Unported License.
Navigation by WebRing
- Here's how to join urgent #HugsForChelsea campaign to tell @POTUS #FreeChelseaNOW actionnetwork.org/petitions/hugs… https://t.co/AnV801V26L @IDLtweets 1 month ago
- Time is running out for Chelsea Manning @xychelsea clemency. Send her your hugs at #HugsForChelsea https://t.co/D8cGjFjtrj via @idltweets 1 month ago
- No matter what your politics are, we can all agree @xychelsea has suffered enough @POTUS #FreeChelseaNOW! theguardian.com/commentisfree/… @idltweets 1 month ago
- Chelsea Manning has suffered enough. @POTUS do the right thing & #FreeChelseaNow. FreeChelsea.com https://t.co/vmZFlWCbvL @IDLtweets 1 month ago
- NEW: #PardonSnowden tool lets you sign up to automatically tweet @POTUS every day until inauguration! TweetForSnowden.com via @IDLtweets 1 month ago
- Agar Sukses Semuda Mungkin June 25, 2015 Chitra Destrya
- Former Little City worker accused in boy's abuse received DCFS jobA former Little City employee accused of abusing an 11-year-old boy there has been placed on administrative leave from her job at the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.More >> Former Little City worker accused in boy's abuse received DCFS job
- Judge apologizes to parents for time daughter spent in ‘legal limbo’A Superior Court judge in Kitchener has apologized to the parents of a 10-year-old girl caught up in Ontario's "broken" child welfare system.More >> Judge apologizes to parents for time daughter spent in ‘legal limbo’
- Charge dropped against former Gulf correctional officerA former Gulf County correctional officer accused of molesting his underage foster daughter will not be facing charges that he was a familial or custodial figure to the child, according to court records.More >> Charge dropped against former Gulf correctional officer
- California has a responsibility to get foster kids to schoolFor many of California’s foster children, their school may be the most stable institution in their lives. Yet many of them face special challenges when it comes to attendance that other children don’t face. One of those challenges is the most basic one of all: It’s hard to get to school if you don’t have transportation to get you there.More >> Californ […]
- Man receives maximum sentence in foster child death: 2-year-old drowned in unattended showerA Bemidji man whose 2-year-old foster daughter drowned after he left her in the shower received the maximum sentence for second-degree manslaughter Friday.More >> Man receives maximum sentence in foster child death: 2-year-old drowned in unattended shower
- Former Little City worker accused in boy's abuse received DCFS job
TEXAS FOSTER KIDS – STILL FORGOTTEN
”I saw filthy living conditions, make-shift outhouses, unsanitary food storage, in so-called outdoor camps where children must sleep in sleeping bags - no walls, no fans, no heat - for months and months and in many cases, year after year.
That’s not care. That’s cruelty.
That’s not educating.
That’s endangering” Carol Strayhorn on Texas Foster Care System in 2004
It’s Almost Tuesday