It's Almost Tuesday is a fictional story based on true events of abuse within the Texas Foster Care System. The story is written as if told by an 8 year old foster child using his exact words whenever possible.
Tuesday to Tuesday
Get To Know Us
- In the Collin County courthouse, due process has a funny way of expressing itself: payback, personal vendettas and overzealous prosecutions
- Victims of Arson Want to Thank Fire Department With $1million Goal on Go Fund Me Page
- Would you trust CPS to take YOUR child? POLL RESULTS ARE IN
- Is Obama setting himself up to be the LAST U.S. PRESIDENT
- Teaching children to Read and Write
- One is to many…(remembering…)
- What’s the Minimum?
Tuesdays’ Pages of Interest
- **AUDIO FILE DOWNLOAD** Collin County CPS Drugs Foster Child
- *NEW in FULL* The 2004 Forgotten Children Report
- Angela’s Story
- Child Molester Caught – News Articles
- Collin County or Crooked County?
- Hope’s Boy
- Malicious Mother Syndrome
- MURDERED: Senator Nancy Schafer for Fighting The Corrupt Business of CPS
- Recent Posts
- It’s Almost Tuesday
- Texas Medicaid Fraud
- What Inspired “Its Almost Tuesday”
- Behind The Story
- Failure to Protect
- (C) License Information
- Texas Foster Care System (**Updated w/Pics**)
- TROXEL v. GRANVILLE – Grandparents Rights
- What is Privatization?
- Collin County’s Bad Habit
Study: Troubled homes are STILL better than foster care
Kids who stayed with their families were
LESS likely to become juvenile delinquents or teen mothers and more likely to hold jobs as young adults than kids who were removed into foster care.
14% OF KIDS WHO STAYED WITH FAMILY
WERE arrested at least once rather than 44% of kids who went to foster care!
33 % OF KIDS WHO STAYED WITH THEIR FAMILY
BECAME teen mothers:
but more than half (56%) of Kids WHO WENT TO FOSTER CARE BECAME TEEN MOTHERS!
33% OF KIDS WHO STAYED WITH THEIR FAMILY
held a job at least 3 months: as opposed to merely 20 % of the Kids Who Went to foster care!
Out of 500,000 children in U.S. foster care
STATISTICS SHOW that foster children are more likely than other kids to drop out of school,commit crimes, abuse drugs and become teen parents!
Teens aging out of foster care have spent nearly five years there That's twice the average length of time for all kids in the system.
Fewer than 3% of foster kids earn college degrees.
Teens in foster care are less likely to finish high school and more likely to go to prison or become homeless.
I HAVE ONE QUESTION:
WITH THESE STATISTICS - HOW CAN THE GOVERNMENT TELL US THAT CPS IS PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN?
it's almost tuesday by Forever May is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivitive 3.0 Unported License.
Navigation by WebRing
- Don't let Big Cable & the @FCC censor the Internet. Tell your lawmakers to defend #NetNeutrality Retweet! battleforthenet.com @IDLtweets 1 week ago
- #NetNeutrality stops Comcast & Verizon from charging extra fees. Let's save it! BattleForTheNet.com/july12 https://t.co/3rAzPURPMN @IDLtweets 2 weeks ago
- URGENT: the Internet is doomed, unless we save it. July 12 defend #NetNeutrality! battleforthenet.com/july12 https://t.co/a2o0jwRPXF @idltweets 4 weeks ago
- Major websites & groups announce day of action to save #netneutrality July 12 battleforthenet.com/july12 https://t.co/a3pQXsXi3j via @IDLtweets 1 month ago
- Agar Sukses Semuda Mungkin June 25, 2015 Chitra Destrya
- LK Daily Report for 7/20/17 - Placing Foster Kids With Sex Offenders and More...Here are the headlines for today. Check back soon! This post could be updated at any time throughout the day.Nevertheless, Russian adoption is a subject that seems to have come up a lot lately. Wednesday evening the New York Times published a wide-ranging interview with the president, during which Trump formally acknowledged his previously-undisclosed seco […]
- LK Daily Report for 7/19/17 - Adopting your own children and More...Here are the headlines for today. Check back soon! This post could be updated at any time throughout the day.Omaha, NE (KMTV) -- - A shocking discovery, authorities say a 7-year-old boy was found weighing just 32 pounds. His foster parents, Stephen Bauer and Megan Finlan, plead no contest to 5 counts of negligent child abuse resulting in serious injury i […]
- LK Daily Report for 7/18/17 - The Mayor Won't Quit and More...Here are the headlines for today. Check back soon! This post could be updated at any time throughout the day.The Second Amendment Foundation today filed a federal lawsuit against the head of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) on behalf of four Michigan residents, alleging civil rights violations under color of law for enforcing re […]
- LK Daily Report for 7/17/17 - Fighting the Criminalization of Spanking and More...Here are the headlines for today. Check back soon! This post could be updated at any time throughout the day.BOSTON (AP) — A New York man is suing the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston for sexual abuse he says he suffered decades ago at a church-affiliated home for orphaned and foster children.More >> Man sues Boston archdiocese citing sex abuse a […]
- LK Daily Report for 7/16/17 - Sandusky's Buddies, Mayor the Molester and More....Here are the headlines for today. Check back soon! This post could be updated at any time throughout the day.Social workers in the UK are working an average of 64 days of overtime a year, leading care workers associations to warn that overworking increases the risks of child abuse cases such as that involving Baby P.More >> Warning Baby P case could […]
- LK Daily Report for 7/20/17 - Placing Foster Kids With Sex Offenders and More...
TEXAS FOSTER KIDS – STILL FORGOTTEN
”I saw filthy living conditions, make-shift outhouses, unsanitary food storage, in so-called outdoor camps where children must sleep in sleeping bags - no walls, no fans, no heat - for months and months and in many cases, year after year.
That’s not care. That’s cruelty.
That’s not educating.
That’s endangering” Carol Strayhorn on Texas Foster Care System in 2004
It’s Almost Tuesday
- 199,158 hits
CPS’ Death of 5 Year Old
The death of a 5 year old in CPS' care.
- TX DPS ends freebie crime-lab services for law enforcement
- What is the upshot of TDCJ heat litigation injunction?
- Don't eliminate field tests without tracking outcomes from officer discretion
- Black folks jailed longer, junk-science-writ scholarship, and other stories
- Texas jailhouse-snitch reforms praised
CP$ KNOW$ THE GUILTY ONE$Caseworker: We know your husband is guilty, you've got
to force him into admitting it.
Mother: How do you know he's guilty?
Caseworker: We know he's guilty because he says he's
innocent. Guilty people always say they're innocent.
Mother: What do innocent people say?
Caseworker: We're not in the business of guilty or
innocent. We're in the business of putting families
Mother: So why not do that with us?
Caseworker: Because he won't admit his guilt.
(Source:) Wounded Innocents: The Real Victims of the War on Child Abuse (Paperback) by Richard Wexler
One Heartbroken Grandma
My recent investigation into the state’s foster care system turned this One Tough Grandma into One Heartbroken Grandma.
I am calling for a massive overhaul of the foster care system in a special report, Forgotten Children, which details a widespread crisis in the Texas foster care system.
They are everybody’s children and nobody’s children. They are the forgotten children. Some of them find homes with caring foster parents, or in treatment centers with experienced and caring providers, and some do not.
Some have been sexually, physically and emotionally abused while in the system; some have run away and joined the ranks of the missing. A few have even died at the hands of those entrusted with their care.
I am appalled at the conditions too many of our foster children must endure.
I challenge any defender of the status quo to put their child or grandchild in some of the places I’ve seen for one day, much less for a lifetime.
We must raise the bar on quality, make the foster care system more accountable, ensure the health and safety of all foster care children, and provide a brighter future for foster children.
Fortunately, I did find facilities that treat children well.
In each and every instance where children were getting the best care, the caregivers are working closely and openly with the community. Each facility needs that close relationship and support from the communities they serve. Otherwise, the children suffer.
Any society can be judged by how it treats its weakest members. My investigation shows that Texas can and must be judged harshly.
I will monitor changes made–or not made–as a result of this special report, and for the sake of our forgotten children, I will report back to the people of Texas in six weeks and six months and as long as it takes to fix this broken system and save all of our children.
Carole Keeton Strayhorn
Families Rights Should Be Protected
Quotes From Foster ChildrenMother meant the whole world to me and there wasn’t anything I could do to get her back. It was like I had lost everything. Lucie, Age 19
I felt so bad for my mom and I constantly felt like it was my fault because I couldn’t do anything to stop it.
PoemGirl, Age 17
I felt so disappointed and heartbroken. I hated my life.
Brittany, Age 13
How does it feel to be a Foster Child? It’s like being in a great world of your own. MARK, Age 12
I felt very sad and I knew I could not do anything about it. I had to get over it. I know how it feels to be pushed around. I have been there.Einstein, Age 11
The placements did not work because in my heart I felt alone but in my mind I felt grown….The only problem in the home was me. There I was almost thirteen and hated the world. I could not trust anyone. I didn’t want to trust anyone. How could I trust someone? I had to
protect myself from hurt. The only way I could do that was to guard my heart….I messed up four homes because of this. Flower Girl, Age 18
I think that when you become an adult it’s just like a toddler you’re a caterpillar, and when you’re a kid you’re a cocoon and finally you become an adult which would be a butterfly. Jesse, Age 9
We should all make our foster care family a possibility.
MeMe, Age 17
The best advice I have from one foster child to another is that you never give up….Never think that you are worthless. Jane, Age 10
Foster Care – Go On!by Crystal, age 13
Have you ever said mom, dad I love you?
Have you ever hugged them goodbye?
Well have you ever sat in a room and cried?
Well I can’t everyday say I love you mom, or
dad I can’t say goodbye!
Sometimes when I visit my dad and I have to be supervised!
How would you feel to live in a different home every couple of months?
You can’t stay in one place...
You always feel like you are replaced!
People saying they don’t want you there...
People lying so they won’t hurt your feelings!
People watching your every footstep while you sit there crying.
They can’t hold you like your parents.
I have to say I’m strong when I move there.
So I can GO ON
How would you feel to lift your head and see someone everyday that is not your mom and dad?
Would you cry, would you worry?
Or would you fly or would you scurry?
Sometimes you have to let go.
Sometimes you have to turn away.
Sometimes you let the tears drop,
And let them flow anyway.
There is more hurt to this than you will ever feel!
To see your mother die on mother’s day...
I have to GO ON is all you can say
- Missing: KORBIN IVES (WI) July 18, 2017KORBIN IVES, Age Now: 12, Missing: 07/13/2017. Missing From WILD ROSE, WI. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Waushara County Sheriff's Office (Wisconsin) 1-920-787-3321.
- Missing: JORDAN DEAN (VA) July 18, 2017JORDAN DEAN, Age Now: 14, Missing: 06/28/2017. Missing From CHESTERFIELD, VA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Chesterfield Police Department (Virginia) 1-804-748-1251.
- Missing: ELIJAH WOODEN-WRIGHT (CO) July 17, 2017ELIJAH WOODEN-WRIGHT, Age Now: 14, Missing: 07/10/2017. Missing From AURORA, CO. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Aurora Police Department (Colorado) 1-303-627-3100.
- Missing: MIRIAN ACOSTA-QUISHPE (NY) July 17, 2017MIRIAN ACOSTA-QUISHPE, Age Now: 13, Missing: 06/25/2017. Missing From SPRING VALLEY, NY. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Spring Valley Police Department (New York) 1-845-356-7400.
- Missing: KEIORA GOODWIN (IN) July 17, 2017KEIORA GOODWIN, Age Now: 14, Missing: 07/04/2017. Missing From FORT WAYNE, IN. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Fort Wayne Police Department (Indiana) 1-260-427-1222.
- Missing: KORBIN IVES (WI) July 18, 2017
National Center For Missing and Exploited Kids
MURDERED – SENATOR /CPS ADVOCATE NANCY SCHAEFER PART 1
“The Unlimited Power of Child Protective Services” Part 2Nancy Schafer